AddressInstitut de Chimie de Nice, UMR7272 CNRS Université de Nice Sophia Antipolis Parc Valrose 06100 NiceFrance
microRNAs, small-molecule ligands, inhibitors, Dicer cleavage, small molecules/RNA interactions
Chemistry: multimodal RNA ligands – drug design & organic synthesis. Biochemistry: small molecules/RNA interactions, in vitro enzymatic assays
Organic synthesis, solid-phase synthesis, HTS, Dicer enzymatic assays, RNases footprints
Collaborations outside COST
Short description of ongoing research projects
Design and synthesis of RNA ligands targeting oncogenic miRNAs precursors specifically. Study of the inhibition of Drosha and Dicer cleavage of these precursors by the synthesized molecules and of the interactions between ligands and miRNAs precursors responsible for the inhibition effect.
- Tran T.P.A., Vo D.D., Di Giorgio A., Duca M. Ribosome-targeting antibiotics as inhibitors of oncogenic microRNAs biogenesis: old scaffolds for new perspectives in RNA targeting Bioorg. Med. Chem. 2015 23, 5344-5344.
- Vo D.D., Staedel C., Zehnacker L., Benhida R., Darfeuille F., Duca M. Targeting the production of oncogenic microRNAs with multimodal synthetic small molecules ACS Chem. Biol. 2014 9, 711-721.
- Joly J.P., Mata G., Eldin P., Briant L., Fontaine-Vive F., Duca M., Benhida R. Artificial nucleobase-amino acid conjugates: a new class of TAR RNA binding agents Chem. Eur. J. 2014 20, 2071-2079.
- Vo, D.D., Tran, T.P.A. Staedel, C., Benhida, R., Darfeuille, F., Di Giorgio, A., Duca, M. Oncogenic microRNAs biogenesis as a drug target: structure-activity relationship studies on novel aminoglycoside conjugates Chem. Eur. J. In press
- Duca, M. Design of multimodal small molecules targeting miRNAs biogenesis: synthesis and in vitro evaluation Methods Mol. Biol. In press
Other activities of potential interest to others