AddressDepartment of Gene Regulations, Institute of Molecular Biology, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, Sofia 1113, BulgariaBulgaria
gene regulation, gene reprogramming, gene modifications, epigenomics, DNA glycation
bacterial cell systems, insect and mammalian cells
gene cloning, gene expression, DNA sequencing, protein isolation, separation techniques.
Collaborations outside COST
My research group keeps extensive collaboration with many Europeans (in Spain, Germany, Czech Republic), Canadian (University of Toronto, Carlton University, Laval University) and Japan (Nagoia University)
Short description of ongoing research projects
Supression of the human IFN-gamma gene expression; Development of new drugs for authoimmune diseases based on the IFN-gamma suppression; Glycation of DNA and proteins in bacteria; DNA mutagenesis related with its glycation (subject linked to the topic “epigenetic writers”); Enzimes repairing glycated DNA (subject linked to the topic “epigenetic erasers”); various bioinformatic studies.
- Nacheva, G., Lilkova, E., Petkov, P., Petkov, P., Ilieva, N., Ivanov, I. & Litov, L. (2012). In silico studies on the stability of human interferon-gamma mutants. Biotechnology & Biotechnological Equipment 26, 200-204.
- Mironova R, Handzhiyski Y, Niwa T, Berzal-Herranz A, Datsenko KA, Wanner BL, Ivanov I. Maillard Reaction and Spontaneous Mutagenesis in Escherichia coli. Chapter 1 in: Encyclopedia of DNA Research (3 Volume set), Eds: Duncan SJ and Wiley PH, Nova Science Publishers, Inc. NY, USA (2012-February) рр 51-88, ISBN 978-1-61324-305-3.
- Bachvarov, B., Kirilov, K. and Ivanov, I. (2012) Codon Usage and Gene Expression in Bacteria. In: Encyclopedia of DNA Research, Chapter 1 (Eds: Samuel J. Duncan and Patricia H. Wiley), Nova Science Publishers, Inc. NY, USA. ISBN 978-1-61324-305-3.
- Litov, L., Ivanov, I., Petkov, P., Petkov, P., Lilkova, E., Markov, S., Ilieva, N., Nacheva, G. & Petrov, S. (2012). A New Approach to Cope with Autoimmune Diseases: Computer Simulations and Laboratory Tests. Radiotherapy and Oncology 102, S134-S135.
- Bozhinov A, Handzhiyski Y, Genov K, Daskalovska V, Niwa T, Ivanov I, Mironova R. (2011) Advanced glycation end products contribute to the immunogenicity of IFN-γ pharmaceuticals. J Allergy Clin Immun., doi: 10.1016/j.jaci.2011.10.035, ISSN 0091-6749.
Other activities of potential interest to others