AddressGalina Yahubyan. Dept. Plant Physiology and Molecular biology, University of Plovdiv. 24, Tzar Assen Str. 4000-Plovdiv. Bulgaria.Bulgaria
Plant stress, RNA polymerase IV, V, RNA-dependent DNA-methylation, small RNAs, gene regulation
model dicotyledoneous plant Arabidopsis thaliana
Methylation sensitive qPCR, RT-qPCR
Collaborations outside COST
My research group collaborates with bioinfomaticians (analysis of small RNAs from deep sequencing libraries).
Short description of ongoing research projects
The main objective of our research is to contribute to uncovering the role of the plant specific RNA polymerases – Pol IV and Pol V in the transcriptional control of plant stress response. We are looking for connection between methylation status and expression levels of stress-responsive protein-coding genes and of microRNA genes.
- Naydenov M., Baev V., Apostolova A., Gospodinova N., Sablok G., Gozmanova M., Yahubyan G. (2015) High-temperature effect on genes engaged in DNA methylation and affected by DNA methylation in Arabidopsis. Plant Physiology and Biochemistry 87:102-108.
- Baev V., Milev I., Naydenov M, Vachev T, Apostolova E., Mehterov N., Gozmanva M., Minkov G., Sablok G and Yahubyan G (2014) Insight into small RNA abundance and expression in high- and low-temperature stress response using deep sequencing in Arabidopsis. Plant Physiology and Biochemistry, 84: 105-114.
- Ivanova D., Milev I., Vachev T., Baev V., Yahubyan G., Minkov G., Gozmanova M. (2014) Small RNA analysis of Potato Spindle Tuber Viroid infected Phelipanche ramosa. Plant Physiology and Biochemistry, 74:276–282.
- Apostolova E., Rashkova M., Anachkov N, Denev I., Toneva V., Minkov I., Yahubyan G. (2012) Molecular cloning and characterization of cDNAs of the superoxide dismutase gene family in the resurrection plant Haberlea rhodopensis. Plant Physiology and Biochemistry, Volume 55, 85–92.
- Baev V., Milev I., Naydenov M., Apostolova E., Minkov G., Minkov I., Yahubyan G. (2011) Implementation of a de novo genome-wide computational approach for updating Brachypodium miRNAs. Genomics 282-293.
Other activities of potential interest to others
Management Committee, Substitute.