AddressWerdertorgasse 12/3/6, 1010 ViennaAustria
cancer, epigenetics, epigenomics, databases, chemoinformatics
The Cancer Epigenetics Society is interested in all models relevant to epigenetics research
The Cancer Epigenetics Society is interested in all techniques relevant to epigenetics research
Collaborations outside COST
Genomic Sciences and Precision Medicine Center, Milwaukee, WI, USA
National Autonomous University of Mexico, Mexico
Union for International Cancer Control, Geneva, Switzerland
Short description of ongoing research projects
Current projects include development and expansion on searchable epigenetics drug databases. Additional projects include intergration of on-site R-environment bioinformatic analysis of epigenetics drugs activity bioprofiling.
- Liersch-Löhn B et al. Differential protein expression and oncogenic gene network link tyrosine kinase Ephrin B4 receptor to aggressive gastric and gastroesophageal junction cancers. International Journal of Cancer 138: 1220-1231, 2016.
- Bennani-Baiti IM. Integration of ERα-PELP1-HER2 signaling by LSD1 (KDM1A/AOF2) offers combinatorial therapeutic opportunities to circumventing hormone resistance in breast cancer. Breast Cancer Research 14: 112, 2012.
- Bennani-Baiti IM. Epigenetic and epigenomic mechanisms shape sarcoma and other mesenchymal tumor pathogenesis. Epigenomics 3: 715-732, 2011.
- Bennani-Baiti IM et al., Lysine-specific demethylase 1 (LSD1/KDM1A/AOF2/BHC110) is expressed and is an epigenetic drug target in chondrosarcoma, Ewing’s sarcoma, osteosarcoma, and rhabdomyosarcoma. Hum Pathol 43: 1300-1307, 2012.
- Richter GHS et al. EZH2 is a mediator of EWS/FLI1 driven tumor growth and metastasis blocking endothelial and neuroectodermal differentiation. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA. 106: 5324-5329, 2009.
Other activities of potential interest to others
Executive Editor of Cancer Epigenetics and of Clinical Cancer Epigenetics journals series.