AddressETaC USR3388 CNRS-Pierre Fabre, 1 Av. Irène Joliot-Curie, 31100, Toulouse, FranceFrance
DNA methylation, medicinal chemistry, chemical biology, pharmacology, enzymology, cancer biology
Chemistry: Methyltransferase inhibitors – drug design & screening Biology: cancer cell lines (prostate, colon, leukemia, melanoma)
Organic synthesis, HTS, DNMT enzymatic assays and cellular assays, ChIP, NOMeSeq, COBRA, MSP, molecular and cellular biology assays
Collaborations outside COST
Short description of ongoing research projects
Development of new inhibitors of DNA methylation and histone methylation. Study of the mechanisms addressing the aberrant DNA methylation in cancers upon use of chemical probes to find new targets and biomarkers.
- Ceccaldi A, et al. Identification of Novel Inhibitors of DNA Methylation by Screening of a Chemical Library. ACS Chem Biol. 2013 8(3):543-8
- Moison C, e et al.. DNA methylation associated with polycomb repression in retinoic acid receptor β silencing. FASEB J. 2013 27(4):1468-78
- Erdmann A, et al. Targeting DNA Methylation with Small Molecules: What's Next? J Med Chem. 2015 58(6):2569-83
- Gros C, et al. New Insights on the Mechanism of Quinoline-based DNA Methyltransferase Inhibitors J Biol Chem 2015 290(10):6293-302.
- Vispé S, et al. Consequences of combining siRNA-mediated DNA methyltransferase 1 depletion with 5-aza-2’-deoxycytidine in human leukemic KG1 cells OncoTarget 2015 6(17):15265-82.
Other activities of potential interest to others