AddressChair of Proteomics and Bioanalytics; Emil-Erlenmeyer-Forum 5; 85354 FreisingGermany
chemical proteomics, affinity matrices, chemical probes
Cancer cell lines
Chemical synthesis, differential expression profiling of cells or tissues by chemical proteomics (pulldown of cell lysates with small molecule affinity matrices), small molecule profiling (competitive pulldowns), mass spectrometry (Orbitraps)
Collaborations outside COST
Lab part of Deutsches Konsortium fuer Translationale Krebsforschung (DKTK) of the Deutsches Krebsforschungszentrum (DKFZ)
Short description of ongoing research projects
Current research focuses on the design and synthesis of affinity matrices for the enrichment of epigenetic sub-proteomes. The affinity matrices (made of immobilised chemical probes) are used to establish differential expression profiles of epigenetic proteins across cell lines or tissues. HDAC inhibitors for instance can also be profiled by competitive pulldowns combined with quantitative mass spectrometry to determine their Kds with native proteins.
- Médard G, Pachl F, Ruprecht B, Klaeger S, Heinzlmeir S, Helm D, Qiao H, Ku X, Wilhelm M, Kuehne T, Wu Z, Dittmann A, Hopf C, Kramer K, Kuster B. Optimized chemical proteomics assay for kinase inhibitor profiling. J Proteome Res. 2015 Mar;14(3) 1574-1586.
- Hahne H, Pachl F, Ruprecht B, Maier SK, Klaeger S, Helm D, Médard G, Wilm M, Lemeer S, Kuster B. DMSO enhances electrospray response, boosting sensitivity of proteomic experiments. Nat Methods. 2013 Oct;10(10) 989-991.
- Ku X, Heinzlmeir S, Helm D, Médard G, Kuster B. New affinity probe targeting VEGF receptors for kinase inhibitor selectivity profiling by chemical proteomics. J Proteome Res. 2014 May;13(5) 2445-2452.
- Ruprecht B, Zecha J, Heinzlmeir S, Médard G, Lemeer S, Kuster B. Evaluation of kinase activity profiling using chemical proteomics. ACS Chemical Biology Just Accepted Manuscript DOI: 10.1021/acschembio.5b00616
- Médard G. A route to the 9,10-secosteroid astrogorgiadiol featuring a key sp 2-sp3 Suzuki type cross-coupling. Tetrahedon 2014 Jan; 70(2) 186-196.
Other activities of potential interest to others
Participation in COST CM 1004 "Synthetic Probes for Chemical Proteomics and Elucidation of Biosynthetic Pathways"