AddressFaculty of Medical Science, University "Goce Delcev", Krste Misirkov bb 2000 Stip, R. MacedoniaMacedonia
stem cells, FSHD, reprograming, differentiation, animal models
cell and animal based models
molecular and cell biology related
Collaborations outside COST
Short description of ongoing research projects
Research interest of my group are related to tissue regeneration with various types of stem cells (embryonic and adult), understanding molecular mechanism of Facioscapulohumeral muscular dystrophy (FSHD), developing cell and animal based assay for studying FSHD.
- 1. Dandapat A, Bosnakovski D, Hartweck LM, Arpke RW, Baltgalvis KA, Vang D, Baik J, Darabi R, Perlingeiro RC, Hamra FK, Gupta K, Lowe DA, Kyba M. 2014. Dominant lethal pathologies in male mice engineered to contain an X-linked DUX4 transgene. Cell Rep. 2014 Sep 11;8(5):1484-96. (co-first author - equal contribution)
- 3. Bosnakovski D, Choi SH, Strasser JM, Toso EA, Walters MA, Kyba M. 2014. High-throughput screening identifies inhibitors of DUX4-induced myoblast toxicity. Skelet Muscle. 2014 Feb 1;4(1):4.
- 11. Darko Bosnakovski, Randy S. Daughters, Zhaohui Xu , Jonathan M. W. Slack, and Michael Kyba. 2009. Biphasic myopathic phenotype of Mouse DUX ORF from conserved FSHD related repeat. PlosOne. 2009 Sep 16;4(9):e7003.
- 13. Bosnakovski D, Xu Z, Gang EJ, Galindo CL, Liu M, Simsek T, Garner HR, Agha-Mohammadi S, Tassin A, Coppée F, Belayew A, Perlingeiro RR, Kyba M. 2008. An isogenetic myoblast expression screen identifies DUX4-mediated FSHD-associated molecular pathologies. EMBO J. Oct 22;27(20):2766-79. Epub 2008 Oct
- 14. Tang W, Zeve D, Suh JM, Bosnakovski D, Kyba M, Hammer RE, Tallquist MD, Graff JM. 2008. Adipocytes in White Fat Originate from Progenitor Cells Residing in the Adipose Vasculature. Science. Oct 24;322(5901):583-6. Epub 2008 Sep 18.
Other activities of potential interest to others