Address Research Center, IPO-PORTO. Rua Dr. António Bernardino de Almeida 4200-072 PORTOPortugal
Prostate Cancer cell lines, Prostate cancer tumor samples
Cell culture, phenotypic assays (viability, apoptosis, migration, invasion), qRT-PCR, Western-Blot, Immunohistochemistry, comet assay
Collaborations outside COST
Short description of ongoing research projects
Investigation of Epigenetic target Drugs in Prostate Cancer (PCa), namely DNMT inhibitors and molecules that modulate miRNA expression.
Epigenetic Characterization of Prostate cancer stem cells.
- Graça I, Sousa EJ, Costa-Pinheiro P, Vieira FQ, Torres-Ferreira J, Martins MG, Henrique R, Jerónimo C. Anti-neoplastic properties of hydralazine in prostate cancer. Oncotarget. 2014 Apr 17.
- Graça I, Sousa E, Baptista T, Almeida M, Ramalho-Carvalho J, Palmeira C, Henrique R, Jerónimo C. Anti-tumoral effect of the non-nucleoside DNMT inhibitor RG108 in human prostate cancer cells. Curr Pharm Des. 2014;20(11):1803-11.
- Baptista T, Graça I, Sousa EJ, Oliveira AI, Costa NR, Costa-Pinheiro P, Amado F, Henrique R, Jerónimo C. Regulation of histone H2A.Z expression is mediated by sirtuin 1 in prostate cancer. Oncotarget. 2013 Oct 4(10):1673-85.
- Sousa EJ, Graça I, Baptista T, Vieira FQ, Palmeira C, Henrique R, Jerónimo C. Enoxacin inhibits growth of prostate cancer cells and effectively restores microRNA processing. Epigenetics. 2013 Apr 17;8(5).
- 1. Filipa Quintela Vieira, Pedro Costa-Pinheiro, Diogo Almeida-Rios, Inês Graça, Sara Monteiro-Reis, Susana Simões-Sousa, Isa Carneiro, Elsa Joana Sousa, Maria Inês Godinho, Fátima Baltazar, Rui Henrique, Carmen Jerónimo. SMYD3 contributes to a more aggressive phenotype of prostate cancer and targets Cyclin D2 through H4K20me3. Oncotarget
Other activities of potential interest to others