AddressNorwegian University of Science and Technology, NTNU, NO-7491 Trondheim, NorwayNorway
cancer, obesity, pharmacology, surgery, translational medicine
rodent models of cancer and obesity, experimental surgery, preclinical trials and clinical trials
Collaborations outside COST
My research group is embedded at the university hospital and has daily dialogue and collaboration between academic scientists and clinicians with the ultimate goal of accelerating translational medicine. Our research is carried out mostly through national and international collaborations, including colleagues in Oslo, Bergen, Ås, New York, Boston, München, Gothenburg, Oxford, Le Vesinet, København, Tokyo, and Nanjing and members in International Union of Basic and Clinical Pharmacology (IUPHAR).
Short description of ongoing research projects
Unit for Molecular Biology conducts research within genome stability & DNA repair, lung cancer, bioinformatics, as well as experimental gastrosurgery and physiology.
The research employs a wide range of technologies, including animal models (e.g. transgenic mice), biobanks, high throughput genetic analysis, proteomics and other functional genomics methods.
- 1. Hayakawa Y, Jin G, Wang H, Chen X, Westphalen CB, Asfaha S, Renz BW, Ariyama H, Dubeykovskaya ZA, Takemoto Y, Lee Y, Muley A, Tailor Y, Chen D, Muthupalani S, Fox JG, Shulkes A, Worthley DL, Takaishi S, Wang TC. CCK2R identifies and regulates gastric antral stem cell states and carcinogenesis. Gut 2015; 64:544-53.
- 2. Boyce M1, Dowen S, Turnbull G, van den Berg F, Zhao CM, Chen D, Black J. Effect of netazepide, a gastrin/CCK2 receptor antagonist, on gastric acid secretion and rabeprazole-induced hypergastrinaemia in healthy subjects. Br J Clin Pharmacol. 2015;79:744-55.
- 3. Zhao CM, Hayakawa Y, Kodama Y, Muthupalani S, Westphalen CB, Andersen GA, Flatberg A, Johannessen H, Friedman RA, Renz BW, Sandvik AK, Beisvag V, Tomita H, Hara A, Quante M, Li Z, Gershon MD, Kaneko K, Fox JG, Wang TC, Chen D. Denervation suppresses gastric tumorigenesis. Science Translational Medicine 2014;6(250):250ra115.
- 4. Gudbrandsen O, Kodama Y, Mjøs S, Zhao CM, Johannessen H, Brattbakk HR, Haugen C, Kulseng B, Mellgren G, Chen D. Effects of duodenal switch alone or in combination with sleeve gastrectomy on body weight and lipid metabolism in rats. Nutrition & Diabetes 2014;4:e124. doi: 10.1038/nutd.2014.22.
- 5. Zhao CM, Kodama Y, Flatberg A, Beisvag V, Kulseng B, Sandvik AK, Rehfeld JF, Chen D. Gene expression profiling of gastric mucosa in mice lacking CCK and gastrin receptors. Regul Pept 2014; 192-193:35-44.
Other activities of potential interest to others