AddressRudjer Boskovic Institute, Bijenicka cesta 54, 10 000 Zagreb, CroatiaCroatia
cancer, epigenetics, natural compounds, oncometabolic
human (cell cultures and native human samples - head and neck tumors)
classic molecular biology techniques
Collaborations outside COST
with Prof. Young-Joon Surh, Ph.D., Seoul National University
Short description of ongoing research projects
Role of PKC-delta and RelA in development of drug resistance, PKM2 and response to cancer therapy
- Pyridine nucleotides in regulation of cell death and survival by redox and non-redox reactions.
Novak Kujundžić R, Žarković N, Gall Trošelj K.
Crit Rev Eukaryot Gene Expr. 2014;24(4):287-309. Review.
- Selected attributes of polyphenols in targeting oxidative stress in cancer.
Stepanic V, Gasparovic AC, Troselj KG, Amic D, Zarkovic N.
Curr Top Med Chem. 2015;15(5):496-509.
- Curcumin in combined cancer therapy.
Troselj KG, Kujundzic RN.
Curr Pharm Des. 2014;20(42):6682-96. Review.
- Expression of sirtuin 1 and 2 is associated with poor prognosis in non-small cell lung cancer patients.
Grbesa I, Pajares MJ, Martínez-Terroba E, Agorreta J, Mikecin AM, Larráyoz M, Idoate MA, Gall-Troselj K, Pio R, Montuenga LM.
PLoS One. 2015 Apr 27;10(4):e0124670.
- Possible prognostic value of BORIS transcript variants ratio in laryngeal squamous cell carcinomas - a pilot study.
Novak Kujundžić R, Grbeša I, Ivkić M, Krušlin B, Konjevoda P, Gall Trošelj K.
Pathol Oncol Res. 2014 Jul;20(3):687-95.
Other activities of potential interest to others
I have been in charge for Human Head and Neck Tumor Tissue Bank with 600 samples (possible collaboration).