AddressQuai Ernest-Ansermet 30, CH-1211 GenevaSwitzerland
Collaborations outside COST
Short description of ongoing research projects
Evaluation of the cancer chemopreventive activity of natural products. Screening at the stages of initiation, promotion and progression is performed and then detailed mechanisms of action are studied. A particular emphasis is set on HDAC inhibitors and compounds targeting multiple myeloma cancer stem cells.
- Zwick, V., et al. (2014) Aurones as histone deacetylase inhibitors: identification of key features, Bioorganic & Medicinal Chemistry Letters, 24, 5497-5501.
- El Bahhaj, , et al. (2014) Superacid and thiol-ene reactions for access to psammaplin analogues with HDAC inhibition activities, Tetrahedron, 70, 9702-9708.
- Biloa-Messi, B., , et al., Hostettmann, K., Cuendet, M. (2014) Isolation and biological activity of compounds from Garcinia preussii, Pharmaceutical Biology 52, 706-711.
- Duplan, V., , et al.. (2013) Synthesis of sesquiterpene-inspired derivatives designed for covalent binding and their inhibition of the NF-κB pathway, Organic & Biomolecular Chemistry, 12, 370-375.
- Simões-Pires, C., , et al. (2013) HDAC6 as a target for neurodegenerative diseases: what makes it different from the other HDACs? Molecular Neurodegeneration, 8, 7.
Other activities of potential interest to others