AddressUFR SFA, Bât B36, 1 rue Georges Bonnet, TSA51106,86073 Poitiers cédex9France
Lung cancer, guidance molecules, semaphorins and neuropilins, epigenetics, epithelial to mesenchymal transition (EMT), ZEB1 transcription factor.
Lung cancer cell lines
Molecular and cellular biology techniques. Analysis of histone marks (IHC, WB, ChIP), detection of DNA methylation by mass spectroscopy. Cancer cell culture, gene transfection, siRNA, gene expression (qRT-PCR), in vitro proliferation (XTT), invasion. Tissue microarray. Confocal microscopy.
Collaborations outside COST
Cerep/Eurofins (http://www.cerep.fr/Cerep/Users/index.asp), Canceropole Grand Ouest”in France, Dr P Bertrand (chemist at Poitiers University)
Short description of ongoing research projects
My main project is to characterize epigenetic modifications and corresponding enzymes involved during the epithelial to mesenchymal transition (EMT) in lung cancer.
- Potiron V, Sharma G, Nasarre P, Clarhaut J, Augustin H, Gemmill R, Roche J, Drabkin H. Semaphorin SEMA3F affects multiple signalling pathways in lung cancer cells. Cancer Research (2007), 67, 8708-8715.
- Charrier C, Clarhaut J, Gesson JP, Estiu G, Wiest O, Roche J, Bertrand P. Synthesis and modeling of new benzofuranone histone deacetylase inhibitors that stimulate tumor suppressor gene expression. J Med Chem (2009) 52, 3112-3115.
- Clarhaut J, Gemmill R, Ait-Si-Ali S, Imbert J, Drabkin H, Roche J. Semaphorin SEMA3F Tumor Suppressor Gene is Repressed by ZEB-1 in Lung Cancer Cells. Neoplasia (2009) 11, 157-166.
- Roche J, Nasarre N, Gemmill R, Baldys A, Pontis J, Korch C, Guilhot J, Ait-Si-Ali S, Drabkin H. Global decrease of histone H3K27 acetylation in ZEB1-induced epithelial to mesenchymal transition in lung cancer cells. Special Issue “Cancer Epigenetics” in Cancers (2013) 5, 334-356.
- Nasarre P, Gemmill R, Potiron V, Roche J, Lu X, Baron A, Korch C, Garrett-Mayer E, Lagana A, Howe P, Drabkin H. Neuropilin 2 is upregulated during transforming growth factor β1-induced epithelial mesenchymal transition in lung cancer. Cancer Research (2013) 73, 7111-7121.
Other activities of potential interest to others
Teaching in molecular biology including gene regulation and epigenetics, molecular biology of cancer, techniques in molecular biology.